Keep up to date with all the genomic related news and the latest events across the Central and South geography.
- Transforming Patient Care: Workshop on Clinical Genomics for Monogenic Inflammatory Bowel Disease Held in OxfordSt. Catherine’s College, Oxford, known for its mid-century modernism and timeless design, provided an ideal setting to host a workshop that brought together clinicians and scientists from various disciplines to … Read more
- Join the #GenomicsConversation 2023Today marks the start of the annual Genomics Conversation campaign which this year has a focus on how genomics can feel ‘hidden’ for many professionals and their patients. The awareness-raising … Read more
- Genomics for the Daunted (overcoming obstacles)This is a forum for education and discussion about using the Genomic Medicine Service in the Central and South region. The event will be held via MS Teams on Monday, … Read more
- Genomic testing fills in missing jigsaw pieces for familyA family in Aylesbury have recently received a rare disease diagnosis, after taking part in the Deciphering Development Disorders (DDD) study and 100,000 Genomes Project. Test results for Emilia Burgess, … Read more
- Central and South Genomics Newsletter Issue 2Spring 2023 Welcome to the second edition of the Central and South (CAS) Genomics Newsletter, in which we share updates from the CAS Genomic Medicine Service and Alliance and Genomic … Read more
- Usman’s storyA patient in Birmingham has become one of the first in the country to take part in a national genetic testing project, with the results guiding his treatment. Mohammed Usman, … Read more
- Leo’s storyA family in Surrey are one of the first in the country to receive results from a new genomic testing project. Leo Swarbrick, who is 17 months old, was tested … Read more
- Monogenic Diabetes: Achievements and next stepsThis is a virtual event to discuss some of the work that has been done to raise awareness of Monogenic Diabetes across our region. The event will be held via … Read more
- Central and South Genomics Newsletter Summer 2022 Welcome to the first edition of the Central and South (CAS) Genomics Newsletter, in which we share updates from the CAS Genomic Medicine Service and Alliance and Genomic … Read more
- Ilona’s storyIlona took part in the 100,000 Genomes Project through the Wessex Genomic Medicine Centre. She told us about how genome sequencing led to a breakthrough diagnosis for her critical illness.
- NHS England seeking feedback on Genomics services and strategyNHS England is seeking feedback on the way clinical genomics services are delivered in England, and views on an NHS Genomics Strategy which will set the strategic direction and priorities … Read more
- 2023 update of the National Genomic Test Directory: Deadline for applications 31 August 2022The application phase for the 2023 update of the National Genomic Test Directory is currently open. Please find below an overview of the process for updating the test directory; Application phase The … Read more
- Central and South hold Long Read eventOn July 20 2022, colleagues from across the Central and South Genomic Medicine Service Alliance region met to share expertise in the exciting field of Long Read Sequencing Technologies. Attendees … Read more
- Human Genetics and Genomic Medicine SeminarHuman Genetics and Genomic Medicine Seminar Genomics England and the research ecosystem: 100,000 Genomes and beyond July 21 2022, 13:00-14:00 Via Teams About the Event The National Genomic Research Library … Read more
- Babies to get new test for eye cancer in the womb to save their sightA life-saving test that allows doctors to spot a rare form of eye cancer in babies in the womb is being rolled out by the NHS in England this week. … Read more